Effective Date: January 1, 2023
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect This Information?
- Why Do We Collect This Information?
- How Do We Share Your Information?
- Your Information Choices and Control
- Data Security
- Your California and Virginia Privacy Rights
- Additional Information
- Contact Us
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect different types of information from you, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” or “Personal Data” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated.
The following are examples of the types of information that may be collected about you when you interact with us, our services, or our Site:
- Identification Information. For example, name, postal address, email address, unique personal or online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, account name, Social Security Number (SSN), driver’s license, or governmental identification number.
- Customer Records. For example, records of the services you have purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, or educational, professional, or employment-related information.
- Financial Information. For example, debit or credit card information, bank account information, signatures, or billing addresses.
- Correspondence. For example, information provided when you call, email, or write to us, respond to voluntary surveys or feedback requests, or enter a contest or promotion.
- User-Generated Content. For example, content generated by engaging with Furniture Medic's publicly-facing interactive properties (e.g., its social media pages), including comments, recommendations, reviews, ratings, or any other posts or information voluntarily submitted to such properties (“Public Activities”).
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity. For example, browsing or search history; device information, such as hardware, IP address, operating system version, browser type and settings, language and font settings, or other information about the device used to access the Site; or other information about your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation Information. For example, physical location or movements.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We collect Personal Information directly from you, your devices or browser, vendors that assist us in providing our services and running our internal business operations, data analytics providers, advertising networks, suppliers, social media platforms and other data providers.
- We collect information from you when you directly provide it to us, such as when you: place an order for services; correspond with us through any communication channel; enter into promotions that we offer; engage with us through our social media accounts; or review us online.
- We and our third-party service providers collect information automatically about you. We use tracking tools to collect site usage and demographic information. Tracking tools include browser cookies. We do this on our websites and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use our websites. We have third parties collect personal information this way.
- We collect information about you from third parties. We may obtain information about you from other trusted third-party partners, such as franchisees, affiliate companies, analytics or marketing providers or public databases, to update or supplement information about you, such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic and lifestyle information. We also may collect Personal Information from vendors that assist us in providing our services and running our internal business operations, data analytics providers, advertising networks, suppliers, social media platforms and other data providers.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
Generally, we collect the information described above, subject to applicable laws, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with, process payment for, and manage services you request;
- To provide you with ongoing customer support and effective customer service;
- To enable you to provide us with feedback, participate in surveys, and contact us, and for us to contact you;
- To administer promotions you enter, such as a contest or sweepstakes;
- To send you communications of interest, such as emails or text messages about Furniture Medic, its affiliates, and franchises and our services;
- To deliver behavioral advertising to you on behalf of ourselves and advertisers based on your activity on the Site and on third-party sites and applications;
- To personalize your overall experience with the Site;
- To customize, measure, and improve our Site, products, services, content, and advertising;
- To protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of ourselves, our employees, our agents, or others, and to comply with applicable law;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
5. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Service Providers. We contract with service providers that we use to help us operate our business and the Site or provide services on our behalf. For example, these services may include payment and billing processing, fulfillment of orders, shipping, IT and related infrastructure provision, customer service, advertising, email distribution, research and analytics, or management of sweepstakes, contests, or promotions.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party. In addition, information about our customers and registered users may also be disclosed in connection with a commercial transaction where we or any one of our businesses are seeking financing, investment, support, or funding.
- With Your Consent. We will share your Personal Information with others when you specifically permit us to do so.
Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages so that we can provide a customized experience. They also help us detect certain kinds of fraud.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. You can set your browser to reject cookies. To find out more about how to control cookies from your web browser, please visit here. To control flash cookies, which we may use, you can go here because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Third Party Analytic Technologies and Targeted Advertising
One of the analytic and tracking tools we use is Google Analytics, which helps us understand how visitors engage with our Site. You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Site. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by selecting a browser add-on here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to Furniture Medic.
7. YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CONTROL
7.1. Marketing Communications.
7.2. Interest-Based Advertising.
To opt out of receiving personalized or “interest-based” online sponsorship credits from our service providers and other participating companies, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. We are not responsible for opt-out processes provided by external parties. For information about controlling the collection of cross-app data from your mobile device for personalized or “interest-based” advertising or sponsorship credit purposes, you may adjust the privacy and advertising settings on your Device. Consult your Device manufacturer’s support materials for information about available settings.
8. DATA SECURITY
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we collect and process. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section describes how Furniture Medic processes Personal Information of consumers in California and Virginia.
9.1 Personal Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
Within the past 12 months, we collected the following categories of Personal Information about consumers. Unless otherwise indicated, the below description also reflects our current practices. Note that the Personal Information we collect about you may vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us and may not include all of the examples listed below. For categories of sources from which information was collected, please see Section 3 in this Notice.
A. Personal Information
|Category of Personal Information||Why We Collect It|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including age and date of birth, military or veteran status||• To provide discounts and promotions.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||• To provide you with ongoing customer support; and • To protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of ourselves, our employees, our agents, or others, and to comply with applicable law.|
B. Sensitive Personal Information
Within the past 12 months, we did not collect Sensitive Personal Information about consumers.
9.2 How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep the categories of Personal Information described above for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this Notice or otherwise authorized by law. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected;
- The information is reasonably required to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
Where information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention policies, please contact us using the contact details below.
9.3 How We Disclose Personal Information
We may also disclose each of the categories of Personal Information identified in Section 9.1 to the respectively identified categories of recipients for operational, business or commercial purposes consistent with the purposes for collection or use designated, as is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve those purposes, or for another purpose that is compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected, including, but not limited to:
- Auditing our ads;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity of your personal information;
- Debugging, repairing, and improving functionality;
- Short-term, transient use;
- Performing services on our behalf;
- Internal research for technological development; and
- Verifying the quality and/or safety of our services.
The categories of third parties that we disclose Personal Information, include, but are not limited to:
- Advertising Agencies
- Service Providers we use to help us operate our business or provide services on our behalf
- Internet Service Providers
- Data Analytics Providers
- Government Entities
- Operating Systems and Platforms
- Social Networks
9.4 Additional Information for California Residents
Terms defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) that are used in this Section shall have the same meaning as in the CCPA.
A. How We Sell and Share Personal Information
Under California law, a “sale” of Personal Information does not necessarily involve an exchange of money. Instead, the term also includes disclosures of Personal Information to Third Parties under circumstances where the Third Parties may use the information for their own purposes.
The chart below shows the categories of Personal Information we have sold or shared with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising during the last 12 months. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
|Category of Personal Information||Sold?||Shared for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising?||Categories of Third Parties to which Information was Sold or Shared||Purposes for Selling / Sharing|
|Identifiers||Yes||Yes||Marketing, advertising, or social media companies||Analytics, Advertising|
|Personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||Yes||Yes||Marketing, advertising, or social media companies||Analytics, Advertising|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Yes||Yes||Marketing, advertising, or social media companies||Analytics, Advertising|
|Commercial Information||Yes||Yes||Marketing, advertising, or social media companies||Analytics, Advertising|
B. Submitting Requests Relating to Your Personal Information
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information as described below. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our webform. Please note that, if you submit a request to know, request to delete, or request to correct, you will be asked to log into your account or to provide 2-3 pieces of Personal Information that we will match against our records to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf; however, you will still need to verify your identity directly with us before your request can be processed. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf using the webform or toll-free number listed above.
C. Your Privacy Rights
Right to Know. You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, which includes:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, including
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, sharing, or disclosing Personal Information
- The categories of recipients to which we disclose Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which we sold that particular category of Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of recipients to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
Right to Delete Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Information. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct that information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales and Sharing of Personal Information. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, and to request that we do not share your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising. To opt-out, please click on “Do Not Sell/Share My Info” at the bottom of the relevant Site or contact us. If you choose to use the Global Privacy Control (GPC) browser signal, you will only be opted out of online sales or sharing of Personal Information, and will need to turn it on for each browser you use.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA.
Rights Related to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to opt out of automated decision-making, including profiling, that we use to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location, or movements.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights under the CCPA, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us.
9.5 Additional Information for Virginia Residents
A. Additional Disclosures of Personal Data
Terms defined in the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) that are used in this Section 6 shall have the same meaning as in the VCDPA.
Targeted Advertising.We may process your Personal Data for targeted advertising (as the term is defined in the VCDPA). To opt-out, please click on “Do Not Sell/Share My Info” at the bottom of the relevant Site.
B. Submitting Requests Relating to Your Personal Data
If you are a resident of Virginia, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Data as described below. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our webform. Please note that we will need to authenticate your identity before your request can be processed. For authentication, you will be asked to log into your account or to provide 2-3 pieces of Personal Data that we will match against our records.
If you choose to exercise any of the privacy rights described below, you will not receive discriminatory treatment from us. This means that we will not deny providing our products or services to you, charge you different prices or provide a different level or quality of products or services to you unless those differences are related to the value of your Personal Data.
C. Your Privacy Rights
Right to Access and Data Portability. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data, to access your Personal Data, and to obtain a copy of Personal Data you provided to us in a portable format.
Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data and our purposes for processing it.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt out of the following uses of your Personal Data: (a) targeted advertising; (b) the sale of Personal Data; and (c) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Right to Appeal. Sometimes we are unable to process requests relating to your Personal Data, in which case, your request will be denied. If you are a resident of Virginia whose privacy rights request has previously been denied by us and you believe we denied it in error, you may appeal for reconsideration of your request using our webform.
Please note that if you make a privacy rights request, we will retain the Personal Data submitted in connection with your request for recordkeeping purposes.
9.6 How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about how we handle your Personal Information, please contact us at this form.
10. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Children’s Privacy. The Site and Furniture Medic's services are not directed at or intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, you should not register or provide any personal information to Furniture Medic, including on the Site. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 years old, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
12. CONTACT US