CABINET TRANSFORMATION SERVICES
Skilled Furniture Medic technicians can give your cabinets new life with the multitude of cabinet transformation services available.
If you need a kitchen cabinet remodel, total cabinet replacement can quickly eat up your home improvement budget and is likely an unnecessary expense. With the wide variety of cabinet transformation services offered by Furniture Medic, you can save money and make the kitchen of your dreams a reality.
On-Site Cabinet Cleaning and Touch-Up Services
When cabinets are opened and closed all day long, it’s no wonder they’re a magnet for dirt and grime. Especially when you consider they often reside in kitchens or bathrooms where many of the household messes are made. If your cabinets have lost their luster, our professionally trained technicians can help restore them to their former glory with our on-site cabinet cleaning and touch-up service.
Benefits of Cabinet Cleaning & Touch-Ups
The biggest benefits from our cabinet cleaning and touch-up services are found in time and money. Giving your cabinets a refresh is significantly less expensive than replacement, and requires minimal disruption to your daily life. Other advantages of cabinet cleaning include:
- Removing years of built up dirt and grime from surfaces
- Making entire rooms look fresh and clean
- Extending the cabinet’s life and increasing durability
We don’t just clean your cabinets, we touch them up. Our professionally trained technicians also offer a full suite of cabinetry repair and restoration touch-up techniques:
- Color replacement as needed using precision wood repair products to restore cabinet finishes
- Nicks, gouges, scratch repairs, finish restoration, peeling and chipping finish and paint repair
- Color replacement where needed (cabinet fronts, panels, edges and molding)
- Custom color fills for difficult to match painted cabinets, glazed cabinets and millwork
- New hinge and hardware replacement
- Drawer box repair or replacement
How Long Do Cabinet Cleaning & Touch-Ups Take?
Our technicians work around your schedule, and in many cases cabinet cleaning and touch-up services can be completed in a single day.
Sometimes the surface damage to cabinets is more than can be handled by touch-ups and repairs. If you loved the look of your cabinets, but they’re not what they used to be, cabinet refinishing is the perfect option to make them look just like they did on day one.
The Cabinet Refinishing Process
Our skilled technicians will work to strip dirt, grime, paint or stain with the goal of maintaining as much of the original appearance as possible. We will also touch up any damage like nicks and scratches to give your cabinets a fresh look. The final step is to apply new stain (if needed) then a finish, bringing them back to their like-new sheen.
Maybe your cabinets are fully functional, but they just don’t match your aesthetic or fit in with recent renovations. Opting for cabinet painting instead of replacement can save you a significant amount of money and won’t turn your house upside down for weeks.
How Cabinet Painting Works
Our technicians will work with you to ensure you get the exact paint or stain color you’re looking for. A new coat of stain can bring out the natural beauty of wood grain, while paint is a great option to transform a room and really make accents pop. Here’s how we work through the painting process:
- All cabinet doors and drawer boxes are removed.
- Surfaces like countertops, appliances and floors are covered to minimize mess.
- Cabinets are thoroughly cleaned to remove dirt and grime that has built up over the years and minor wood defects are fixed.
- Cabinets and face frames are professionally painted or stained to give your kitchen or bathroom an all-new appearance.
- We can also update your cabinet and drawer hardware upon request.
Cabinet Refacing and Redooring
If your cabinets have good “bones,” but the exteriors are dated, broken or damaged beyond repair, refacing or redooring is an excellent option. This allows you to keep the cabinet boxes and layout, replacing only the doors and drawer fronts and hardware, and is more durable and longer lasting than painting.
Our technicians work with trusted manufacturers and vendors to maximize the number of available cabinet types and styles. We can even work with custom, made-to-order doors to provide a look unique to your style. This is also a great opportunity to replace any handles or hardware you’d like to update. With refacing and redooring you’ll get the look of brand-new cabinets at a fraction of the replacement costs.
Find Furniture Medic Cabinet Services Near You
With all of the cabinet services offered by Furniture Medic, cabinet replacement should only be considered as a last resort. There are professionally-trained technicians near you ready to help with all of your cabinet transformation needs.